The Norris family who farmed at ‘Mount Wentworth’ on Croome Road at Albion Park from about the 1870’s originally owned the land that ‘Swansea’ was built on.
In the 1920’s David Timbs built ‘Swansea’ and in 1923 the Youll family purchased the home and continued to live there until 1965 when the farm and land was sold to developers. The Youll family were well known farmers in the area for generations and made large contributions to the Junior Farmers Club in Albion Park.
Shellharbour City Council later purchased the land for a sporting oval, and ‘Swansea’ remains in their ownership today. The silos on the opposite side of Croome Road mark the site of the dairy that was once part of the ‘Swansea’ farm.